Saturday, December 03, 2022

Uma poesia de Jenny George

 


SUNFLOWERS

Jenny George

I’m in the world but I still want the world.

I’m full of longing and can’t move,

enthralled in the garden. Having died

all the way back to the root, I grow again

into a version of the thing I love. I’m her

and not her, hermaphrodite with a heart

like a plateful of black flames.

The bees inspect me like doctors.

All my hard little tears, future selves

who haven’t grown. Bedclothes swell on the line

while around me giant sunflowers burn

through their masks of radiant desire.

GIRASSÓIS

Estou no mundo, mas ainda  desejo o mundo.

Estou cheio de saudade e não posso me mover,

encantado no jardim. Tendo morrido

em todo o caminho de volta à raiz, eu cresço de novo

em uma versão da coisa que eu amo. Eu sou seu

e não ela, hermafrodita com um coração

como um prato cheio de chamas negras.

As abelhas me inspecionam como médicos.

Todas as minhas pequenas lágrimas duras, eus futuros

que não cresceram. Lençóis incham na linha

enquanto ao meu redor girassóis gigantes queimam

através de suas máscaras de desejo radiante.

Ilustração: Mulher Ciência.

No comments: