Saturday, April 27, 2024

Uma poesia de Tina Chang

 


LION

Tina Chang

I chewed into the wreck of the world,

into the neckbone of the past that pursued me.

All the while, I moved toward extinction,

bearing the burden of damage, language of the protector.

 

A great apocalyptic wheeze adorned me with sand.

I foraged, first to find light dappling the leaves,

then breathed into an infinite power, feminine rust,

a coppery taste of salvage, leading me into a canopy

 

of the future. My mother was a mother of mothers,

modern before she was ancestral.

She was a woman who morphed into feline, back

to her human self before I woke each morning.

 

I lived not to sate my appetite but to crush it.

On my haunches, I craved what could not be seen.

I am desire. I am survival.

I sit under the tree waiting for hunger.

LEÃO

Eu mastiguei os destroços do mundo,

na espinha dorsal do passado que me perseguia.

Enquanto isto, eu me movi em direção à extinção,

suportando o peso do dano, a linguagem do protetor.

 

Um grande chiado apocalíptico me adornou com areia.

Procurei, primeiro encontrar a luz salpicando as folhas,

então soprou-me um poder infinito, ferrugem feminina,

um gosto acobreado de salvamento, levando-me a um dossel

 

do futuro. Minha mãe era mãe de mães,

moderna antes de ser ancestral.

Ela era a mulher que se transformou em felina, de volta

para seu eu humano antes de eu acordar todas as manhãs.

 

Eu vivia não para saciar meu apetite, mas para esmagá-lo.

De cócoras, ansiava pelo que não podia ser visto.

Eu sou desejo. Eu sou a sobrevivente.

Sento-me sob a árvore para esperar ter fome.

Ilustração: DOL.

No comments: