Thursday, September 28, 2023

Outra poesia de January Gill O'Neil

 


IN THE COMPANY OF WOMEN

January Gill O’Neil

Make me laugh over coffee,

make it a double, make it frothy

so it seethes in our delight.

Make my cup overflow

with your small happiness.

I want to hoot and snort and cackle and chuckle.

Let your laughter fill me like a bell.

Let me listen to your ringing and singing

as Billie Holiday croons above our heads.

Sorry, the blues are nowhere to be found.

Not tonight. Not here.

No makeup. No tears.

Only contours. Only curves.

Each sip takes back a pound,

each dry-roasted swirl takes our soul.

Can I have a refill, just one more?

Let the bitterness sink to the bottom of our lives.

Let us take this joy to go.

NA COMPANHIA DE MULHERES

Faça-me rir bebendo café,

faça um duplo, faça espumoso

então ferva para nosso deleite.

Faça meu copo transbordar

com sua pequena felicidade.

Eu preciso vaiar e bufar e gargalhar e rir.

Deixar sua risada me encher como um sino.

Deixe-me ouvir seu toque e canto

enquanto Billie Holiday canta sobre nossas cabeças.

Desculpe, o blues não se encontra em lugar nenhum.

Não esta noite. Aqui não.

Sem maquiagem. Sem lágrimas.

Só contornos. Só curvas.

Cada gole leva de volta meio quilo,

cada redemoinho torrado leva nossa alma.

Posso ter uma recarga, só mais uma?

 

Deixe a amargura afundar em nossas vidas.

Deixe levarmos esta alegria embora.

Ilustração: Cabo Branco FM.

No comments: