Thursday, June 21, 2007

UM POETA NORTE-AMERICANO

The Desolate Field

William Carlos William

Vast and grey, the sky
is a simulacrum
to all but him whose days
are vast and grey and --
In the tall, dried grasses
a goat stirs
with nozzle searching the ground.
My head is in the air
but who am I . . . ?
-- and my heart stops amazed
at the thought of love
vast and grey
yearning silently over me.
(The Dial 69)

O CAMPO DESOLADO
Vasto e cinzento, o céu
é um simulacro
para todos com exceção dele naqueles dias
vastos e cinzentos e-
Nas gramas altas e secas
uma cabra agitada
com a boca procura a terra.
Minha cabeça está no ar
mas quem sou eu . . . ?
-e meu coração pára espantado
Com o pensamento do amor
vasto e cinzento
acontecendo silenciosamente sobre mim.

2 comments:

Graça said...

Wow, Astonishment. That was the first feeling that caught me by reading and viewing that picture, the sea on a cloudy yet bright day. Now, rereadding and evaluating the translation, I feel really pleased.
I loved your place,
Kisses
http://gracama.blogspot.com/

Lia Noronha &Silvio Spersivo said...

Silvio:eu ia responder em japonês...mas resolvi não esnobar...gente ...o seu poesia anda tão melancólico,por que?
Bjus diretamente do meu Cotidiano...que sente saudades de vc.