Sunday, July 28, 2024

Olha Kim Morrissey de volta

 


STEPFATHER

Kim Morrissey

Somewhere between the dark stain

on the tile

and the towels

heaped on the back of the toilet

you rest your case:

I may leave if I want

today you are giving me choices

 

I watch my head turn in the mirror

thin hair finger-brushed back

tied low on my neck like a bone

taste your hair at the back of my throat

tightly wound wires

riding the tip of my tongue

 

today is the day we make choices:

you or the foster home

you or the jail

 

 

 

PADRASTO

Em algum lugar entre a mancha escura

na telha

e as toalhas

amontoado na parte de trás do banheiro

você descansa do seu caso:

posso sair se eu quiser

hoje você está me dando escolhas

 

Eu olho minha cabeça girando no espelho

os cabelos finos recobrados com os dedos

amarrados no meu pescoço como um osso

gosto do seu cabelo atrás da garganta

fios bem apertados

enrolados na ponta da minha língua

 

hoje é o dia em que fazemos escolhas:

você ou a casa adotada

você ou a prisão

Ilustração: Blog Altar.

No comments: