Saturday, March 22, 2008

PONTOS DE VISTAS POÉTICOS

BUSY

by michael rothenberg

I’m too emotional to see anyone. Decorum
doesn’t mean squat.I buy broccoli
and cook it alone. If you’ll let me be myself,
ask nothing of me, won’t pick up the phone
when it rings, you can come share the broccoli
with me. I was raised to be transparent.
In bed no lover wonders if my mind is
somewhere else. They know. My mother lies
between my lover and poetry to make sure
I am respectful I want to be anonymous
Invisible. So I’m painting the clear plastic
window to my world with a rainbow
from the inside. In the future you’ll have to
ask me where I’m at. Maybe I’ll tell you
[]

Ocupado

Eu estou emocionado demais para ver qualquer um. Decoro não significa agachamento. Eu compro brócolis e
cozinho sozinho. Se você me deixar ser eu mesmo,
não me perguntar nada, talvez pegue o telefone
quando tocar e você possa vir compartilhar os brócolis
comigo. Eu levantei da cama para ser transparente.
Na cama nenhum amante quer saber se minha mente vai
à algum lugar outro. Eles sabem. Minhas mentiras de mãe,
entre meus amantes, e a poesia certificam
que sou respeitável e desejo ser um anônimo
invisível. Assim pinto uma plástica e brilhante janela
de meu mundo com um arco-íris interior.
No futuro você terá que
perguntar-me onde estava. Talvez eu lhe diga.
[]

No comments: