Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Kim Addonizio


First Poem for You

    Kim Addonizio

    I like to touch your tattoos in complete
   darkness, when I can’t see them. I’m sure of
   where they are, know by heart the neat
   lines of lightning pulsing just above
   your nipple, can find, as if by instinct, the blue
   swirls of water on your shoulder where a serpent
   twists, facing a dragon. When I pull you

   to me, taking you until we’re spent
   and quiet on the sheets, I love to kiss
   the pictures in your skin. They’ll last until
   you’re seared to ashes; whatever persists
   or turns to pain between us, they will still
   be there. Such permanence is terrifying.
   So I touch them in the dark; but touch them, trying.

O primeiro poema para você

Eu gosto de tocar tuas tatuagens na completa
escuridão, quando não posso vê-las. Tenho certeza de
que onde elas estão, sei pelo coração puro
as linhas de luz que pulsam acima delas
seus mamilos, posso encontrar, como que por instinto, o azul
redemoinho das águas no teu ombro como uma serpente
dançando frente a um dragão. Quando eu te chamo

para mim, tomando-a para me perder  
e ficar quieto nas folhas, adoro beijar
as imagens sobre tua pele. Elas vão durar até
você estar cauteruzada como cinzas; enquanto persistir
ou se transformar em dor entre nós, elas ainda vão
estar lá. Esta permanência é aterrorizante.
Então eu as toco no escuro; mas, tocá-las, é experimentar.


Ilustração: www.alienado.net

No comments: