Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Uma poesia de Charles Olson

 


Maximus, To Himself

Charles Olson 

I have had to learn the simplest things

last. Which made for difficulties.

Even at sea I was slow, to get the hand out, or to cross

a wet deck.

The sea was not, finally, my trade.

But even my trade, at it, I stood estranged

from that which was most familiar. Was delayed,

and not content with the man's argument

that such postponement

is now the nature of

obedience,

that we are all late

in a slow time,

that we grow up many

And the single

is not easily

known

 

It could be, though the sharpness (the achiote)

I note in others,

makes more sense

than my own distances. The agilities

 

they show daily

who do the world's

businesses

And who do nature's

as I have no sense

I have done either

 

I have made dialogues,

have discussed ancient texts,

have thrown what light I could, offered

what pleasures

doceat allows

 

But the known?

This, I have had to be given,

a life, love, and from one man

the world.

Tokens.

But sitting here

I look out as a wind

and water man, testing

And missing

some proof

 

I know the quarters

of the weather, where it comes from,

where it goes. But the stem of me,

this I took from their welcome,

or their rejection, of me

 

And my arrogance

was neither diminished

nor increased,

by the communication

 

2

 

It is undone business

I speak of, this morning,

with the sea

stretching out

from my feet

MAXIMUS, PARA ELE MESMO

Eu tive que aprender as coisas mais simples

por último. O que causou dificuldades.

mesmo no mar eu fui lento, para estender a mão ou para atravessar

o convés molhado.

afinal, o mar não era comércio.

Mas mesmo do meu comércio, eu fiquei distante

daquilo que era mais familiar. Foi adiando,

e não contente com o argumento do homem

que esse adiamento

agora é da natureza da

obediência,

que estamos todos atrasados

num tempo lento,

que crescemos muitos

e o simples

não é fácil de ser

conhecido


Poderia ser, embora a nitidez (o urucum)

Eu noto nos outros,

Faz mais sentido

do que minhas próprias distâncias. As agilidades

 

eles mostram diariamente

quem faz o mundo

negócios

E quem faz a natureza

como eu não ter sentido

Eu fiz ou

 

Eu fazia diálogos,

discutindo textos antigos,

jogava a luz que pude, oferecia

que prazeres

doceat (ensinar) permite

 

Mas o conhecido?

Eu tive que receber isto,

uma vida, o amor e de um homem

o mundo.

Símbolos.

Mas sentado aqui

Eu olho como um vento

e como um marinheiro, testando

e falta

alguma prova

 

Eu conheço o clima  

dos bairros, de onde vem,

para onde vai. Mas o meu tronco,

este eu tirei de suas boas-vindas,

ou da rejeição deles, de mim


E minha arrogância

não foi diminuindo

nem aumentando,

pela comunicação

 2

É negócio desfeito

Eu falo hoje, de manhã,

com o mar

esticando

os meus pés para fora.

Ilustração: Dreamstime.

No comments: