Saturday, January 07, 2023

Um soneto de Sarah Rosenhthal

 


SONNET

Sarah Rosenthal

I’m reparenting myself

through reading. Books

are my mothers. My mother

is the one who made me love

books. She said, No emotional

contact except when we weep

over psalms. Except when I

weep, she said. I would watch

her weep saying to myself,

what a deep feeler. Getting lost

in the e’s. In the night I’d dream

of eels swishing. In the morning

I’d tell her. She’d turn

away. That is literature.

SONETO

Eu reencontro meus ancestrais

através da literatura. Os livros

são minhas mães. Minha mãe

foi quem me fez amar

os livros. Me disse, sem contato

emocional, exceto ao chorar

lendo os salmos. Exceto

quando choro, dizia. Ao vê-la

chorando dizia a mim mesmo

que profundo sentimento. Me perdia

nas curvas. Nas noites sonhava

com enguias deslizando. Na manhã

lhe dizia. Ela se virava

sempre. Isto é a literatura.

Ilustração: Conhecimento Científico.

No comments: