Friday, January 22, 2021

Uma poesia de Elizabeth Barrett Browning

 


SONETO 38

Elizabeth Barrett Browning

First time he kissed me, he but only kissed

The fingers of this hand wherewith I write;

And ever since, it grew more clean and white,

Slow to world-greetings, quick with its 'Oh, list,'

When the angels speak. A ring of amethyst

I could not wear here, plainer to my sight,

Than that first kiss. The second passed in height

The first, and sought the forehead, and half missed,

Half falling on the hair. O beyond meed!

That was the chrism of love, which love's own crown,

With sanctifying sweetness, did precede.

The third upon my lips was folded down

In perfect, purple state; since when, indeed,

I have been proud and said, 'My love, my own.'

 

SONETO 38

A primeira vez ele me beijou, porém,  ele só beijou

Os dedos desta mão com que escrevo;

E desde então, tudo ficou mais limpo e branco,

Lento para saudações ao mundo, rápido com seu 'Oh!, a lista,'

Quando os anjos falam. Um anel de ametista

Eu não poderia usar aqui, mais claro à minha vista,

Do que aquele primeiro beijo. O segundo passou em altura

o primeiro, e buscou a testa, e quase errou muito,

metade sobre o cabelo. O além de mim!

Este era o crisma do amor, que é a coroa do próprio amor,

Com doçura santificadora, precedeu.

O terceiro em meus lábios estava dobrado

Em perfeito estado roxo; desde então, de fato,

Fiquei orgulhoso e disse: 'Meu amor, é meu.'

Ilustração: https://gauchazh.clicrbs.com.br/.

No comments: