Thursday, July 21, 2022

Uma poesia de Leanne O"Sullivan


SELF PORTRAIT

Leanne O’Sullivan

This blank paper is the one good thing.

I want to fill it with colour, soundlessness

like a heart that shuts with slow murmurings.

I feel myself slipping into that whiteness.

My dumb legs, my red hair pale by moonlight

as I doze into a laudanum pod,

secretly happy, blooming in the night

though the cold surrounds my bed.

 

This is the woman as God has created her,

this is the woman I am outdoing.

She is a ghost the more I see her.

Her eyes dry against my breath. She is moving

from me into this true radiance while

I stare. I don’t move, the heart stops its flood

of rust and the mirror crackles to sand.

My babe, the brush is slipping from my hand.

AUTORETRATO

A folha em branco é uma boa coisa.

Quero preenche-la de cores sem sons

Como um coração que se fecha em lentos murmúrios.

Sinto como se deslizasse pela brancura.

Minhas pernas inúteis, minha pele pálida à luz da lua

Enquanto durmo numa cápsula  láudano,

Secretamente feliz, florescendo na noite

Ainda que o frio rodeie meu leito.

 

Esta é a mulher tal como Deus a criou,

Esta é a mulher que estou superando.

Ela é um fantasma que quanto mais olho mais vejo.

Seus olhos se secam contra minha respiração. Se apartam de mim

Nesta claridade radiante e verdadeira

Enquanto a olho fixamente. Não me movo,

O coração para de jorrar enferrujado

E o espelho se esfacela em areia.

Meu amor, a escova está escorregando de minha mão.

Ilustração: Elo7.

No comments: