Monday, December 09, 2019

Uma poesia de John Keats



WHEN I HAVE FEARS THAT I MAY CEASE TO BE

John Keats

When I have fears that I may cease to be
   Before my pen has gleaned my teeming brain,
Before high-pilèd books, in charactery,
   Hold like rich garners the full ripened grain;
When I behold, upon the night’s starred face,
   Huge cloudy symbols of a high romance,
And think that I may never live to trace
   Their shadows with the magic hand of chance;
And when I feel, fair creature of an hour,
   That I shall never look upon thee more,
Never have relish in the faery power
   Of unreflecting love—then on the shore
Of the wide world I stand alone, and think
Till love and fame to nothingness do sink.

QUANDO EU TENHO MEDO DE DEIXAR DE EXISTIR

Quando eu tenho medo de deixar de existir
Antes que minha caneta tenha colhido meu cérebro fervilhante,
Antes que meus livros, empilhados em perfeita ordem,
Preservem como ricos garimpeiros o grão maduro;
Quando contemplo, no rosto estrelado da noite,
Enormes símbolos nublados de um  grande romance,
E penso que, talvez,  nunca viverei para rastrear
Suas sombras com a mágica mão  da chance;
E quando sinto, bela criatura de uma hora,
Que nunca voltarei a te olhar mais,
Nunca desfrutarei o poder etéreo
Do amor irrefletido- então nas bordas
Do largo mundo fico sozinho, e penso
Até que o amor e a fama no nada se afundam.


No comments: