Tuesday, April 13, 2021

E, de volta, Jack Prelutsky

 


THE VISITOR 

 Jack Prelutsky

 it came today to visit

and moved into the house

it was smaller than an elephant

but larger than a mouse

 

first it slapped my sister

then it kicked my dad

then it pushed my mother

oh! that really made me mad

 

it went and tickled rover

and terrified the cat

it sliced apart my necktie

and rudely crushed my hat

 

it smeared my head with honey

and filled the tub with rocks

and when i yelled in anger

it stole my shoes and socks

 

that's just the way it happened

it happened all today

before it bowed politely

and softly went away

 

O VISITANTE

veio hoje para me visitar

e mudou-se para a casa

era menor que um elefante

porém maior que um rato

 

primeiro estapeou minha irmã

então chutou meu pai

então empurrou minha mãe

Oh! Isto realmente me deixou louco

 

foi e arranhou a bicicleta

e apavorou o gato

cortou minha gravata

e rudemente pisou no meu chapéu

 

manchou minha cabeça com mel

e encheu a banheira com pedras

e quando eu gritei de raiva

roubou meus sapatos e meias

 

foi justamente assim que aconteceu

aconteceu isto tudo hoje

antes de se curvar polidamente

e suavemente ir embora para longe.

No comments: