Sunday, December 28, 2014

Um poema de fim de ano de Robert Fisher

My New Year's resolution                                         

Robert Fisher

I will not throw the cat out the window
Or put a frog in my sister's bed
I will not tie my brother's shoelaces together
Nor jump from the roof of Dad's shed
I shall remember my aunt's next birthday
And tidy my room once a week
I'll not moan at Mum's cooking (Ugh! fish fingers again!)
Nor give her any more of my cheek.
I will not pick my nose if I can help it
I shall fold up my clothes, comb my hair,
I will say please and thank you (even when I don't mean it)
And never spit or shout or even swear.
I shall write each day in my diary
Try my hardest to be helpful at school
I shall help old ladies cross roads (even if they don't want to)
And when others are rude I'll stay cool.
I'll go to bed with the owls and be up with the larks
And close every door behind me
I shall squeeze from the bottom of every toothpaste tube
And stay where trouble can't find me.
I shall start again, turn over a new leaf,
leave my bad old ways forever
shall I start them this year, or next year
shall I sometime, or .....?

Resoluções de ano novo

Eu não irei jogar o gato pela  janela
Ou colocar um sapo na cama da minha irmã
Eu não irei amarrar  os cadarços do meu irmão juntos
Nem saltarei do telhado do galpão de papai
Me lembrarei da minha tia no próximo aniversário
E arrumarei meu quarto uma vez por semana
Eu não gemerei diante do prato da mamãe (Ugh! Peixe empanado de novo!)
Também não virarei mais meu rosto.
Eu não irei mais franzir meu nariz se eu posso ajudá-lo
Vou dobrar minhas roupas, pentear o cabelo,
Eu irei dizer por favor e muito obrigado (mesmo quando não desejaria dizer)
E juro mesmo nunca mais cuspir ou gritar.
Irei escrever cada dia no meu diário
Trabalhar duramente para ser o melhor na escola
Irei ajudar as velhinhas a atravessar as ruas (mesmo se eles não quiserem)
E quando os outros forem rudes eu permanecerei legal.
Irei para a cama com as corujas e levantarei com as cotovias
E fecharei todas as portas atrás de mim
Espremerei a parte inferior de cada tubo de creme dental
E ficarei onde o problema não pode me encontrar.
Irei começar de novo, virar uma nova folha,
deixar os meus velhos maus hábitos para sempre
irei começar este ano, ou no próximo ano
Irei em algum momento, ou .....?

No comments: