Thursday, February 16, 2017

Mais uma poesia de Elizabeth Barret Browning


How Do I Love Thee?

Elizabeth Barrett Browning

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

Como eu te amo?

Como eu te amo? Deixa-me falar os caminhos.
Eu te amo com profundidade, largura e altura
Que a alma pode alcançar, ao te sentir, do olhar, fora,  
Como a finalidade de ser e a graça ideal.
Eu te amo com o mérito de todos os dias
Com necessidade, à luz sol e das velas, quieto
Eu te amo livremente, como um homem tenta ser direito;
Eu te amo puramente, como se fosse uma prece.
Eu te amo com toda paixão que se pode ter sentido
Com minhas velhas doenças, e,de uma criança, a fé imensa.
Eu te amo com um amor que parecia ter perdido
Sorrisos, lágrimas e toda a minha vida! E, se Deus quiser,
Com meus santos soltos, eu te amo como respiro a brisa,
Eu te amarei melhor depois da morte até.

Ilustração: Recados. 


No comments: