Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Outro poema de Peter Boyle

Paralysis                      

 Peter Boyle

Laid out flat
in the back of the station wagon my father borrowed
I look up:
the leaves are immense,
green and golden with clear summer light
breaking through –
though I turn only my neck
I can see all of them
along this avenue that has no limits.


What does it matter
that I am only eyes
if I am to be carried
so lightly
under the trees of the world?
From beyond the numbness of my strange body
the wealth of the leaves
falls forever
into my small still watching.

PARALISIA

Caído sobre o assento
na parte de trás do vagão meu pai colocou
Eu olho para cima:
as folhas são imensas,
verdes e douradas como a luz clara de verão
atravessando o ar-
ainda que gire apenas meu pescoço
posso vê-las todas
ao longo desta avenida que não tem limites.

O que isto importa
para eu que sou somente olhos
Se eu vou levado
tão levemente
sob as árvores do mundo?
Bem além do entorpecimento do meu estranho corpo
a riqueza das folhas
cai para sempre
na minha ainda pequena visão.


Ilustração: Gospel 10. 

No comments: