Friday, June 16, 2023

SHANG QIN

 

 

FIRE EXTINGUISHER  

At noon when anger arose, I glared at the fire extinguisher on the wall. A child came up to me and said: “Look! There are two fire extinguishers in your eyes.”

Because of his innocent confession, I pinched his cheeks and smiled, and could not help crying. I saw two men crying separately in his eyes. He did not tell me how many hims he saw in the mirrors of my tears.

(English version by Michelle Yeh)

EXTINTOR DE INCÊNDIO

Ao meio-dia, quando a raiva aumentou, eu olhei para o extintor de incêndio na parede. Uma criança veio até mim e disse: “Olha! Há dois extintores de incêndio nos seus olhos.

Por causa de sua inocente confissão, belisquei suas bochechas e sorri, e não pude deixar de chorar. Eu vi dois homens chorando separadamente nos seus olhos. Ele não me disse quantos dele ele viu nos espelhos das minhas lágrimas.

Ilustração: Safety e Work.

 

No comments: