Sunday, September 06, 2020

Uma poesia de Stephanie Bolster

 


ON THE STEPS OF THE MET

 Stephanie Bolster

When the first wasp would not stop flying near me I sat still

and let it stay. All thin legs and yellow, it did not find my skin

but the silvered mouth of the Pepsi can. It crawled inside

 

and then another joined it there. I let those two

fill themselves while I finished my greasy knish and thought

how I would soon not be here and how painful

 

not wanting anyone. One wasp staggered out

and flew, and then the other, and in Manhattan

they were two cabs on their way in one direction. Inside,

 

what I had loved most: the folds of the woman's scarf

in Vermeer's portrait, their depth of shadow,

how the fabric came so close to itself without touching.

SOBRE OS PASSOS DO ENCONTRO

Quando a primeira vespa não parou de voar perto de mim, me sentei quieto

e deixei-a ficar. Apesar de todas as pernas finas e amarelas, não encontrou a minha pele, 

porém, a boca prateada da Pepsi sim. E enfiou-se nela

 

e, logo, outra se juntou por lá. Eu deixo essas duas

se divertirem enquanto vou terminar meu salgado gorduroso e pensei

como tão cedo não estaria aqui e, com a dor,

 

não querendo ninguém. Uma vespa cambaleou

e voou, e depois a outra, e em Manhattan

eles estavam em dois táxis no caminho em uma direção. Dentro,


o que mais amei: as dobras do lenço da mulher

no retrato de Vermeer, a profundidade de sua sombra,

como o tecido que chegou tão perto de si sem tocar.

Ilustração: https://vermeer0708.wordpress.com/.

No comments: